Classic Black and Blue Steak Salad with Maytag Blue Cheese
Sin City Life Media Kitchen Table Recipe and Ideas! “Love in the Kitchen” One of my favorites Maytag Blue Cheese. O first learend of this cheese early in my career from a long time and well know Chef from Iowa. He now owns and operates a restaurant in Las Vegas. One of many who have tought me about Love in the kitchen.
The Famliy Farm
- 4 8-ounce beef tenderloin
- 1-2 salt fresh cracked pepper
- 6-8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved ⅓ cup
- Maytag blue cheese crumbles
Preheat your grill to medium heat. Prepare your steak by sprinkling generously with the salt and pepper massage it into the meat with your finger tips (on both sides of the steaks). Grill steaks 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked to desired doneness (if they are particularly thick or you prefer your steak medium-well they may need a few extra minutes on the grill) Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board, then thinly slice.
- Arrange salads with lettuce on the bottom, then top with steak, avocados, red onions, tomatoes, Maytag blue cheese crumbles, Serve immediately.
- Maytag Dariy Blue Cheese dressing